lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ftp files `d'ownloaded by Lynx usually larger than when usi

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ftp files `d'ownloaded by Lynx usually larger than when using unix ftp
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 14:02:55 -0800 (PST)

I have had such problems too, was maybe
first to post my experience of "d" vs "newline" (on
a link, both of them) vs running ftp straight, with
explicit "binary" set) -- but larry virden responded
that he tried the same thing, but with NO problem.

The version I use on netcom keeps getting updated,
so was likely a different (newer) version than larry's.

Yes, look at the size.

Also maybe do a trial gunzip or gzcat to /dev/null,
to see if you get an error message.

If unable to do thru lynx, then just run
straight (unix) "ftp" command, setting
"binary" explicitly.