lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV saving a local file in lynx386 version

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV saving a local file in lynx386 version
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 12:16:47 -0800 (PST)

(also re FTP problem in today lynx-dev)
When you say print, you don't always know what
the url is, eg it might be "ftp://...";.

Maybe some more "intelligence" --
a) lynx could ASK "what mode?" when it sees
  FTP://...
b) a reply to the ftp question suggested
  appending ";type=I" to the url.  Which leads
  to a question: what IS the url, in eg:
   ftp://cs.foou.edu/~joejones/xyz
 I mean, WHERE to append the ;type=I?

 Since often I am in trn and see a LONG
 address of above style and simply "copy" it
  via mouse blackening, then ^Z trn and
  fg back into lynx, hit G and paste
  the addr there -- is not so tribial
 (trivial) to INSERT a ;type=I, although
 IS trivial to APPEND it.

  God forbid I have to actually type in the
 whole thing -- will surely get something wrong...

 (Maybe a space (illegal in addresses?) and THEN
  the ;type=I  appended?   Also, is ";" illegal
  in the addr?  How about in unix filenames -- anything
 goes there, except (maybe) ^J?)