lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx information page

From: Paul Gilmartin
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx information page
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:29:18 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Larry W. Virden, x2487 said:

> Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:38:14 -0500
>
> On the information about the current document page, is the information
> about the last modification date of the document being viewed something
> that is either available or could be captured during the interaction
> so that it could appear on this page?  I find that I often want to mention
> when a page was last updated in the case of resources which are mirrored
> around the internet.  In some cases I can do a head command to find out,
> but if the info was already (or could easily be made) available that
> would be useful as well.
> --
> Larry W. Virden                 INET: address@hidden
> <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
> Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should
> be construed as representing my employer's opinions.

It seems to be there:

                     You have reached the Information Page

    Lynx Version 2.7.1 saved 1997-Apr-03 19:57

    File that you are currently viewing

       Linkname: Larry W. Virden's Home Page
           Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 17:03:58 GMT

       Last Mod: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 13:09:40 GMT
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

       Owner(s): mailto:address@hidden
           size: 194 lines
           mode: normal

    Link that you currently have selected

       Linkname: CAS
       Filename: http://www.cas.org/

Are you using some other version of Lynx?

Of course, if the page has Server Side Includes, Last Mod is
generally unavailable, even with a "]" command.  :-(

BTW, www.teraform.com's clock seems to be about 40 minutes fast.  :-)

-- gil