lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx_w32 problems

From: Gunnar Kreku
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx_w32 problems
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:11:31 +0100

I have tried Lynx_w32 for a while now. I like it very much, but I have a
couple of problems, to which I did not find answers in the help files. I
would appreciate help from someone on the list.

1.Due to the frequent net overloading an important feature of a browser is
the possibility to interrupt the loading of a site. I haven't found out how
you do it in Lynx. With the "z" or "CONTROL-G" commands  in my Lynx_w32 I
can interrupt a file transfer, but not a site loading.

2. I can't print from Lynx. I have tried different print commands, but
my DOS/W95 refuses to cooperate. I suspect that the problem is the temp
file name. The lynx.cfg says something of a "second %s" and "creating a
script" which I haven't tried because that information is not enough for
someone like me who is not an expert computer user.

These are problems one should not have. What is lacking is simply a manual
suited to the DOS/Windows Lynx. Why can't someone on this list add
something to the current user's guide and to the lynx.cfg? That could
result in less  "unnecessary" posting to the list.

/Gunnar Kreku