lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2-7-1ac0.94 patches

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx2-7-1ac0.94 patches
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 20:50:58 -0500 (EST)

> Here are the changes I needed to make to lynx2-7-1ac-0.94 to be able to
> compile and run it on sysV68 (m68k-motorola-sysv).  Please consider them
> for inclusion in the main source tree of lynx.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Philippe De Muyter (address@hidden)
>
> * Check for existence of sys/wait.h. - PHDM
<sys/wait.h> is going to be a problem one way or another, since on some
systems, including it breaks things.  Can you tell what's not working?

> * Do not include sys/stat.h twice. - PHDM
> * New autoconf-macros to check if a function is declared after including a
> specific set of files. - PHDM
> * Declare strstr if it is not declared by string.h. - PHDM
should do this renamed, since shared libs can be strange. (the configure
test may not "find" a function for reasons other than that it's not
present, and then the resulting program won't run properly.)

> * Declare getgrgid and getgrnam if not declared by grp.h. - PHDM
> * Provide strstr and mktime implementations, and use them if needed. - PHDM
> * Always include sys/types.h in HTUtils.h. - PHDM
> * define NO_GROUPS if we do not have getgroups. - PHDM
> * define NEED_REMOVE also if test yields unknown. - PHDM
> * define mode_t if not done by system include files. - PHDM (address@hidden)
I'll try to work on this sometime this week.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden