lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Guide On Lynx Installation

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Guide On Lynx Installation
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 21:24:21 +0000 (GMT)

> I am having problem installing lynx on my
> linux system. I have downloaded source

Could you be more specific; it is virtually impossible to debug "it does
not work" problems, without being able to interact with the user or system.

> lynx 2.7.1. My linux version is HD-3.1.0.
                                  ^^

I don't recognize HD as one of the standard distributions of Linux.  3.1
would be about right for a year old Slackware.  Could you possibly spell out
the distribution name in full (note the latest kernel versions are about
2.0.31 and 2.1.62, so the number isn't a kernel version).

> I am not sure modifying the userdefs.h

Lynx 2.7 and Slackware 3.1 required no changes to userdefs.h.  In fact, as
far as I can tell, I didn't need to do any configuring at all.
;
;