lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: MHonArc and VMS (fwd)

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: MHonArc and VMS (fwd)
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 16:33:54 -0500 (EST)

Al Gilman <address@hidden> wrote:
>Pardon the junk mail, but lynx-dev archive runs on MHonArc and
>there are VMS wizards on this list who might know where Earl
>should go to find volunteers.

        Are you sure anything is needed beyond the VMS port of perl:

        Linkname: perl5 directory

At least, people seem to be using MHonArc on VMS without any indication
of problems:

From: "Walter F.J. Mueller" <address@hidden>
Subject: Yet another interface to the vms-web-daemon archives
To: address@hidden

I've lately installed on our VMS Cluster MHonArc, probably one of the best
and most configurable Email-to-HTML converter on the market. To give it a
realistic test for evaluation I copied all the available archives of the
vms-web-daemon mailing list and converted it.

So, to have yet another view of this archive look at

        http://www-kp3.gsi.de/lists/vms-web-daemon/

I found the "Thread view" and thread navigation particular useful. I'm also
evaluating various search engines, so there will be full text search sometime
soon.

--
Walter F.J. Mueller   Mail:  address@hidden
GSI,  Abteilung KP3   Phone: +49-6159-71-2766

                                Fote