lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV scrollok and lynx_force_repaint

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV scrollok and lynx_force_repaint
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 14:14:48 +0900 (JST)

> > Sorry to be so obscure, but I can't seem to get a consistent pattern
> > pinned down to when it occurs, and it could be a faulty termcap entry, a
[...]
> I remember that problem, and have an idea about it now that I would like
> to check.  Do you still have the description around so you could resend

Would hate to have you waste time on it since it is not consistent between
the Sun and Solaris machines I have, AND is not consistent between launching
Lynx from the prompt or starting Lynx in a "Screen" session, both of which
indicate to me it is more of a problem on my side than anything else.  It is
very time-consuming for me because I'm groping in the dark.  I need to work
on it more in my spare time.  I will, as promised, write back when I've got
something tangible to report.

> it, or do you have an URL for the archived message?

The entry to that thread is:
        "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1097/msg00063.html";, but
again, I was asking John for information only to help me try to get a better
grasp of the `problem'.  Using exactly the same Lynx source and Slang library,
I get four variations, Sun-Screen, Sun-prompt, Solaris-Screen, Solaris-prompt.
I _think_ the Sun machine uses termcap, and the Solaris machine, terminfo.

__Henry
;
;