lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV DOS patches for development code ac-0.87

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DOS patches for development code ac-0.87
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 13:33:11 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, T.E.Dickey wrote:

> > About a month ago I submitted a patch to fix LYNX_TEMP_SPACE  and to
> > make the tempname for files conform to 8+3 naming convention for DOS.  I
> > didn't see any posts with problems regarding these changes, but they
> > weren't incorporated into the code.  Is there a problem with them? The
> > original post is at
> > "http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0997/msg00699.html";. An update
> > for ac-0.87 is at the end of this post.

I put your patch (not yet your later one from today) in ac-0.88 now (with
some changes). It slipped through the first time, sorry.

> Klaus is usually the one who picks these up.  I don't see offhand any
> functional problems, but the maintenance issue is something different.
> Adding a lot of ifdef's will add to maintenance.  If I were to work on this
> section, I'd make the choice of "/" vs "\\" a #define so that I could collapse
> the bulk of the changes into a small area (that could also be done with the
> VMS pathnames, but would require a lot of time on VAXes that I don't have
> available any longer).

Agreed here..

Also, could someone add some comments to HTDOS_wwwName() so it is clearer
what conversions are done, and what conventions are used for "file:" URLs?
The sections on "file:" in lynx_url_support.html should also be updated.

   Klaus

;
;