lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug

From: Brian Tillman, x8425
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 08:56:38 -0400

From: David Murn <address@hidden>
>1. View a page in lynx
>2. Hit 'p' for print
>3. Select to save to a file
>4. Enter a filename, goto the last character, and press Ctl-D
>5. Note the character disappears, and the cursor appears after a space
>6. Type something, the cursor will move, but what you type won't appear

This behavior also exists on the VMS version.  Moreover, pressing DELETE backs
the cursor up and erases the character two positions prior to the cursor (i.e.,
there is always one blank space between the final character and the cursor).
However, erasing the entire file name (with CRTL/U) corrects the character
display and the display becomes normal again.
 Brian Tillman                   Internet: tillman_brian at si.com
 Smiths Industries, Inc.                   tillman at swdev.si.com
 4141 Eastern Ave., MS239        Addresses modified to prevent
 Grand Rapids, MI 49518-8727     SPAM.  Replace "at" with "@"
        This opinion doesn't represent that of my company
;
;