lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV default editor for lynx_w32: Howto?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV default editor for lynx_w32: Howto?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 13:00:32 +0900 (JST)

> > > Third, how do I define an external default editor in lynx.cfg?  Does the
> > > editor have to be a DOS program?  I'd like to set it up for WordPad, if
> >
> > Did someone post a solution/answer to his question?  I'm having problems
> > getting a default editor (In my case I want "WZ Editor") to work with Lynx
> > for Win32, too, and am running out of ideas.
>
> Wordpad should work as just wordpad.  Try putting the WZ Ed in your path
> and seeing if that helps.  You can also write a .bat wrapper to see what

I don't know what the problem was yesterday, but today every permutation
I try seems to work!

The simplest is putting the following line in "lynx.cfg" (no other change
at the Windows, DOS or Lynx level needed):

        DEFAULT_EDITOR:c:\progra~1\wzedit~1\wzeditor %1

Thanks everyone who sent in helps.  (The "pause" in a batch file trick
for trouble shooting is great to have.)

__Henry
;
;