lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV _Lots_ more on INSTALLATION and SIMPLEDIR

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV _Lots_ more on INSTALLATION and SIMPLEDIR
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 19:29:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Nelson Henry Eric wrote (quoting Bill Schiavo):

> you how I've done this on my system.  We also need to have a pre-patched beta
> version of PDCurses available.  Many people don't know how to use the patch
> program and authors of patches vary widely in their procedure for
> making patches.

Perhaps what we need is a reference in the DOS installation section
something like: "Patches are best applied using the "patch" program,
available at:
"http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/pat25b.zip";.  The
documentation is in unix man style.  To read it use "less" (available at
"http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/lss332b.zip";) or
Buerg's list program (available at
"http://www.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/txtutl/list91m.zip";) with
the "junk" filter turned on (alt-J).