lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV patch for devel code on VMS

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV patch for devel code on VMS
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 14:50:04 -0400 (EDT)

>       Current VMS compilers will treat <sys/foo.h> as <foo.h>, so
but not VAX C (that's all that I have for testing - and it'll go away
as soon as we switch over our customer's machine).  You should state in
your instructions that your script is not intended to support VAX C.

>       It's a bad idea to do it externally via a logical definition
> for SYS, and only if one doesn't exist.  For all you know there's a
that's been DEC's recommendation for porting from UNIX.

> >nor I - perhaps a list would help.
>
> generated easily by themselves (and I still don't know why someone
> with 13 years of experience developing on VMS would need that help :).
I don't need help - I don't intend to support it on VMS since I don't
have a long-term development platform.  If you want to support it on VMS,
be prepared to submit patches.  Lynx is only one of several projects that
I work on in my spare time.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden