lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV -dump behaviour in lynx 2.7.1

From: Derek C. Richardson
Subject: LYNX-DEV -dump behaviour in lynx 2.7.1
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 16:25:45 -0700

Hi! I recently posted the following question to
comp.infosystems.www.browsers.misc:
---
Subject: Re: Question about -dump on lynx 2.7.1 for Un*x
 Hi! I've looked through help files and FAQs but haven't been able to
ind a way to force lynx 2.7.1 NOT to break lines after 80 columns when
using the Un*x command-line option "-dump".
---
A helpful soul replied that the 80 column limit is hard-coded in
LYCurses.c. I verified that this is indeed the case, even in the latest
version. It sure would be nice to be able to control this value, or to
suppress it altogether so that Lynx makes no attempt to format data from
a "-dump" command. Is this something that might appear in a future
release?

Cheers,

Derek

--     -- ---     Derek C. Richardson       Tel:  (206) 543-0206
---   --  ----     Dept of Astronomy        Fax:  (206) 685-0403
---- --   ---   Univ. of WA, Box 351580     Home: (206) 729-8340
---   --  - --  Seattle, WA  98195-1580   address@hidden
--     -- -  -       www-hpcc.astro.washington.edu/faculty/dcr

;
;