lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx-386 filename problem

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx-386 filename problem
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 17:53:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Gary Turner wrote:

> > I wonder if the problem might be an invalid print command. What print
> > command are you trying to use in lynx.cfg?
>
> You are quite right that djgpp handles the filenames, in that there
> is a valid file created. The problem is the %s parameter in the
> printer command. That is literally what is transmitted to the print
> program.
>
> I have:
>
> PRINTER:QMS:nprint %s /j=ps_text:TRUE:60
> PRINTER:Test Path:echo %s:TRUE:60
>
> ( nprint is the novell net print command )
>
> in my lynx.cfg. If I use the qms option, nprint says: file not found.
> The test path is the one that I used to generate that test.
> I assume that nprint can't parse the 'strange' filename argument that
> it has been given ( not unreasonable IMHO )
>
> It appears that the mv and cp commands in the distribution are quite
> happy with unix'y filenames- should I do a kludge and write a script
> that does a mv or cp to say a fixed filename, then print that?

I am not at my DOS machine now to test this, but it seem that the
problem may be the mixed forward and backslashes in %s.  Have you tried
setting the temp space variable to be only in DOS backslash notation
(e.g. set LYNX_TEMP_SPACE=c:\tmp\)? You might have to escape the
backslashes with "c:\\tmp\\", but I would try without escaping first.
Please let us know what happens. If this is a regular problem, it might
be best for the DOS port to be compiled with TEMP_SPACE in userdefs.h
set to a DOS notation default.

                           Doug
__
Doug Kaufman