lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV source size, source reorganization

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV source size, source reorganization
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 08:56:14 -0500 (EST)

Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden> wrote:
>And please keep questioning until the issue is settled.  My original
>question remains unanswered to me at least: is there any reason why
>"NOPORT" has to be dealt with any differently from any other
>compilation symbol for Unix, i.e., why isn't the explanation in
>Makefile.old/makefile.in enough?

        It can be defined for any platform.  VMS does not use the
make procedure, and so defining it in the Makefile.old/makefile.in
would not make any difference.  It would need to be defined in the
.com and .mms files, or via direct editing of HTFTP.c.  No effort
has been made to keep the .com and .mms files updated in the devel
code, so the NOPORT matter is a relatively minor issue as far as
VMS is concerned, i.e., relative to other needs for VMS to continue
being one of the supported platforms.

                                Fote