lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Mainframes, 3270 and Lynx FORMs

From: Robert Bonomi
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Mainframes, 3270 and Lynx FORMs
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 21:09:40 -0500 (CDT)

+ Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 09:12:20 +0900 (JST)
+ From: Nelson Henry Eric <address@hidden>
+
+ > 3270 terminals don't have control keys!  What I actually did to try it
+
+ Sort of a last-ditch effort, but maybe, just maybe.  IF you have
+ some "extra" keys (f-keys, number pad, anything) AND IF your telnet
+ emulator lets you define any of those keys, you  might be able to
+ define a single key to send "Ctrl-U".  Big IFs there, but I was able
+ to do that with the weird Fujitsu PCs we've got here.

Another *possibility*:  use the telnet SEND command,  the 'el' (<e>rase <l>ine)
option.

In _theory_, this should cause Lynx to perform the CTL-U action, and re-
draw the affected part of the screen.  And, thus, the A-Net s/w will re-
paint the 3270 screen, with the 'offending' text removed from the *single*
field.

Dunno if/how-well this will work, lacking an appropriate environment
to test in.  <grin>

;
;