lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: Forms in Lynx

From: Gregory Resch
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Forms in Lynx
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:53:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> address@hidden wrote to me instead of lynx-dev:
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I presume from your attribution there that you think my message to you was
out of place.  But I did write to lynx-dev first.  The only reply I
recieved was from one Philip Webb, who suggested (as quoted in my previous
message to you) that I look through the Lynx archives.  The most pertinent
discussion I found there included a message of yours, as I explained in my

Why the (only) reply had come from some stranger and not from lynx-dev, I
have no idea. But I'd think that smart people would know how to interpret
lynx-dev addressing and delivery processes better than I.

I like Lynx, I'm grateful for all the effort that's gone into its
development and support, and I thought I was following customary
procedures for getting a little help.  I can appreciate the reluctance of
current Lynx developers to get a lot of mail; but perhaps there's still a
flaw in the readily-available help, since it could not deal with my
question.  ("Cookies" isn't covered very well, either.)

> >I'd like to be able to save a copy of a form in Lynx *after I've filled
> >it in*.  Now, when I save or print, all I get is the original, blank form.
> >Is there a way?
>
>       No, there is no way to do that. . . .
<much more, snipped>

Thanks for the definitive reply.