lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV 2.7.1 and xli annoyance fix

From: root
Subject: LYNX-DEV 2.7.1 and xli annoyance fix
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 17:35:13 +0500 (GMT-5)

For what it's worth in 2.7.1 it's hard coded into the source that
xli calls a graphic. This spews garbage in the lynx screen making reading
difficult. I could not fix this with either config file, for some reason
the binary ignored changes to the xloadimage setting.

The 'fix' is to change the definition in the userdefs.h from

#define XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND "xli %s &"

#define XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND "xli -quiet %s &"

Also note that there are two xloadimage defines, one with xv as default
and one with xli. I changed both, don't know exactly why two different
ones are there.

This makes xli process graphics without messages, using the q key to kill
xli makes this a very passable image browser and is better that xv for
that purpose.

Thanks for making Lynx possible.

BTW, linux-slang compiles excellent and works like a charm, Slackware puts
the binaries and config in a different place and I had to change that.
;
;