lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Forms

From: carey
Subject: LYNX-DEV Forms
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 12:04:37 -0400 (EDT)

>     * If you are encountering difficulty with Lynx you may write to
>        address@hidden The developers definitely want to hear if
>       you have trouble with the current version of the code. . . .

I like Lynx, and find that it nicely accomodates the admittedly clumsy
access to the Web that a text browser must have.  One thing that annoys me
is the "form" that often comes up in some Web sites.  (The Washington
Post's, at washingtonpost.com, is my current problem.)

For one thing, the text-entry lines are too short to show all the text
that can be entered on them.

And secondly, there seems no way to save or print a copy of the filled-in
form.  (I get just the original, blank form.)

Could these be improved?

While I'm here:  Another key-stroke command, to move the cursor down half
a page (if there's a link there), would help with faster navigation.  (I
know there's one to move the *screen* down half a page.)

Thanks very much for Lynx.

--
;