lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx ac-0.49

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx ac-0.49
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 00:24:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 address@hidden wrote:

>  ly>this version, downloading of files via HTTP doesn't work. It
>  ly>happens that apparently the file is received correctly, but when
>  ly>you save it the file results 0 bytes length.

I haven't had a chance to check Wayne's executable, but writing of 0
length files in DOS results from the recent "chmod 600" additions to the
development code.  When these are taken out in the compilation, the file
can be written to the temporary file.  I know that "chmod(tempfile,600)" in
LYDownload.c and "chmod(fnam,600)" in HTFWriter.c cause the writing of 0
length files.  I am not sure of the problems with chmod in other files.

                                  Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)