lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Mail configuration

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Mail configuration
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 22:39:25 +0100 (BST)

> Is it possible to turn off the "cc:" function in mail messages?  I would
> like to allow users to send mail messages using lynx, but I don't want
> them to be able to CC: those messages to other addresses.  I am using
> Lynx version 2.7.1 running on Solaris 2.5.1.  Thank you for your help.

I think it would help to have the reasons behind this policy, as I'm
worried that this is a case of seeking engineering solutions to man
management problems. For example, consider what happens if a user (g)oes
to a mailto URL, or if they access one of the HTTP to email gateways
that exist on the net.

If you accept the above, I imagine that a small change to the source
code would do it, and the change is likely to fairly obvious even if
you don't know C.
;
;