lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Klaus.

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Klaus.
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:46:51 -0400 (EDT)

970627 Subir Grewal wrote:
> Last I remember, Klaus posted from Russia (where I believe he's spending
> his summer) saying he would not be able to participate actively on Lynx Dev
> while he was there since he had limited Net access.
> I can't find that message in the archives,
> but I'm quite sure my over-active imagination hasn't cooked it up.

i follow lynx-dev daily & all i remember is Klaus disappeared suddenly,
without any warning, except perhaps a slight hint of irritation;
someone else has said you confused Klaus with Bela.

> I presume Klaus will be back in another month or so.

not a good assumption.

someone with more money than me might care to try a few phone calls
to Klaus' workplace/university/etc, is known:
there was a report that his sometime (home?) number was disconnected.
i always assumed he was a fairly stable & senior fellow,
not a student who'ld go off for the summer to Antarctica.

certainly we all owe him enough friendly interest to be a bit concerned,
in case something less than fortunate has happened to him.
if he's just had enough of us for a while, of course we should respect that.

;