lynx-dev

Re: Lynx alters downloaded HTML LYNX-DEV

From: Michael Sokolov
Subject: Re: Lynx alters downloaded HTML LYNX-DEV
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 09:40:45 -0400 (EDT)

   Al Gilman <address@hidden> writes:
>It is possible.  There is a rough consensus on the list that it
>is inadvisable.  The workaround of installing, as a downloader, a
>script which trims them off is considered a sufficient
>accomodation.
   This wasn't the consensus on the list. (I read all postings, so there is
no need to look in the archives.) The consensus was that many users need
the (IMHO) dirty download. On the other hand, having a user-selectable
option would satisfy everyone: a user chooses what he/she wants. Obviously,
making it an option requires someone to write the necessary code. If no one
has spare time for that, that's a completely different issue. If that's the
case, I volunteer to write the code. If I submit the necessary patch, will
you accept it?

   Sincerely,
   Michael Sokolov
   Phone: 216-646-1864