lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Solaris compiling problem

From: John E. Davis
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: Solaris compiling problem
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 21:32:47 -0400

On Fri, 30 May 1997 17:49:31 -0400 (EDT), address@hidden (Michael Sokolov) said:
>   According to the "Cursor Movement and Screen Updating Optimization: A
>Library Package" document in the BSD documentation (PSD:19), curses doesn't
>support these attributes. However, the more command proves the opposite. I
>will investigate the issue and post the results to the list in a few days.

I seriously doubt that more uses the curses screen library for screen
optimization.  Rather, it probably uses termcap to get terminal
capabilities and then sends the escape sequences directly to
the terminal.  In fact, the primary reason I wrote MOST was that the
screen update of more/less was so poor, that I had to write an
alternative.

--John
;
;