lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Cyberpromo

From: Philip Webb
Subject: LYNX-DEV Cyberpromo
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 21:45:21 -0400 (EDT)

ok, let's don't panic anyone ...

(1) the lynx-dev majordomo should send the message "remove"
to  address@hidden , which is Cyberpromo's own instruction.
at a minimum, it protects lynx-dev against any charge
that it didn't take prompt action as recommended by Cyberpromo itself.

(2) goto  www.cyberpromo.com/cyberbomber.html
for a detailed & gruesome account of what these folx are upto:
protective clothing strongly recommended.

since we've now had  4  of their things,
it looks very much as if lynx-dev has got onto Cyberpromo's own list,
so simply getting off it may solve our own problem.
US subscribers may want to contact the Congressman
featured in the Reuter story i sent in earlier.

i'ld say Cyberpromo has probably stuck its foot into a wasp's nest
by sending junk e-mail to lynx-dev, but others here are far more qualified
to demonstrate whether that's the case ...

;