lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/

From: gwb
Subject: LYNX-DEV http://lynx.browser.org/
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 17:52:29 -0500 (CDT)

I am having difficulty using the download function of the Lynx browser.
As an example, tonight I went to a shareware site (www.jumbo.com) and tried to
download a file (Winzip), about 550k. Negotiated around prompts and got the
Download options header to come up:
It gave me two choices:
Save to disk
Use Zmodem to download to local terminal.

I chose the Zmodem option and proceeded to start my download. The download
box on my terminal program came up (I use Telix for Dos) and it proceeded to
do it's thing. It ran thru the complete download cycle at the normal rate
for my modem. The the zmodem download box (Telix's) then closed down like it's
supposed to. I got two line of letters (a message?) and then the Telix
download box opened up again, and started downloading the file all over again.
I aborted the second download.

I am using Lynx through the ExecPc Internet shell. I run it on a 386sx33 over
a 14.4 Logicode internal modem. I find Lynx preferable in surfing the net to
the other primary graphic browsers because I can move around the links so
quickly cause my system isn't fooling around with pushing thru all kinds of
graphics thru my system. I have the terminal settings of telix at ANSI,
and the default TELIX protocol set to Zmodem 32crc.

Any ideas why this is happening to me? And what I can do to fix it.
Oh yes....I dial up the Exec shell with Telix thru my modem...I don't have
Lynx on a PPP setup or anything.....

Normally, when I'm on a text type web page of interest I email the file to
myself and print it out, but that doesn't work so good with a binary....

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

;
;