lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with Lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Problems with Lynx
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 13:54:01 -0400 (EDT)

  To: address@hidden
  From: address@hidden
  Subject: LYNX-DEV Problems with Lynx

[warning -- questions answered in different order from order asked]

Q2
  Normally I wouldn't ask you for assistance, I'ld take the admin's guide, the
  sources and a cup of coffee, but where's this admin guide (ok, the user's
  guide is no problem). Looking on the Internet for it leads mostly to outdated
  links.

  So could you please point me to the docs I'm looking for?

There is not SysAdmin manual.  The document that tries to answer
your questions is the INSTALLATION document.  You will find the
version for 2.7.1 in the "breakout" section of the distribution
site at

        http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/fote/

Q1
  I have some problems with version 2.7.1 of Lynx (running under Linux). What
  I'm trying is to play around with lynxcgi and perhaps lynxexec and lynxprog.
  But I can't make it work. I think I've set all the required switches in
  the userdefs.h and lynx.cfg.

Lynxcgi is something that few people use;  People run Lynx on Linux
a fair amount but Linux is not a prime development host.  All this
adds up to: you may have found a problem in Lynx or at least a gap
in the documentation.

When you have read the INSTALLATION Guide (you may alread have)
and it still doesn't work, do tell us <address@hidden> in more
detail just what you tried to do, and we'll scratch our heads over
what could be the problem.  Please be precise about what Linux you
are running on and how your Lynx was built.  The better you document
the problem the more help we can be.

--
Al Gilman

;