lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV DOS Lynx/386

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DOS Lynx/386
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 21:13:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Hynek Med wrote:

> I have another problem with Lynx/386 - after some browsing, it doesn't
> accept any further networked URLs with "Socket: Accept failed". After
> quitting and then running lynx again it works. I think my packet driver is
> OK, I have run NCSA telnet on the machine for years..

Lynx/386 has TCP problems.  There is no doubt about that.  Lynx and WATTCP
for djgpp were just slapped together and very little else was done to
optimise it.  I am still hoping we can find someone who is more djgpp
savvy to take over fixing the more complex problems with that port
(news/ftp/tcp bugs...).

Wayne

;
;