lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV OS/2 port of Lynx 2.7.1

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: LYNX-DEV OS/2 port of Lynx 2.7.1
Date: 22 May 1997 17:25:07 -0600

I have just completed (more or less) a port of Lynx 2.7.1 (release
code) to OS/2.  It requires OS/2 2.0 or later and version 0.9c or
later of the EMX runtime.

There are some bugs (detailed in the readme), but for the most part,
the port is reliable and stable.  You can get the binary and patches
at http://studentweb.tulane.edu/~jmcbray/lynx/.  It's basically a
minimal port:  copied the linux-ncurses entry in the makefile and
compiled with gnumake and gcc, made a few changes to get it to
compile, and ran it.  Then spent the next week trying to add support
for drive letters (argh).  It's mostly working now.

If else anyone on this list uses OS/2, could they please download this
and try it out?  I'm going to upload it to Hobbes (the standard OS/2
archive) soon, but I want to make sure I haven't left any required
files out of the zipfile.