lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx bug?
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 13:48:43 +0900 (JST)

>    My administrator has disabled lynx 2.6 and will not put any version
> of lynx on the system because he said all versions of lynx have a
> bug that will allow root access. Is this true? Thank you.

Pure hogwash!  Your administrator should at least have the courtesy
to correspond his fears directly to lynx-dev.  After all, he/she has
been providing it to his users free of charge.

More than likely, any root access gained `through Lynx' was due to
system mis-configuration, or possibly due to an error in installing Lynx.

__Henry
;
;