lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV weird crashes

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV weird crashes
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 17:42:59 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

>       However, as far as Larry is concerned, my bug fix still will
> just mask whatever his real problem is with Lynx built using the
> native solaris compiler instead of gcc.  To drop into that code,
> the  links[i].form->value != NULL  check must have passed.  If it
> was pointing to invalid memory due to the longstanding bug, he would
> have crashed there.

But that just tests whether a non-NULL value exists and doesn't
use it as a pointer to anything, so no crash until later.
(This assumes that links[i].form still points to valid memory,
which may well be the case.)  No reason to suspect a deeper problem
here.

But of course everyone should heed your advice to to clean makes.

>       The same bug is in the devel code's check_for_target_in_links(),

???

It isn't, unless you are talking about something different.
I added that extra test when I first merged your search additions in,
it just seemed to make sense in that place; and remembered that when I
saw Larry's trace.

   Klaus

;
;