lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV selects don't work in lynx_w32

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV selects don't work in lynx_w32
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 11:20:35 -0400 (EDT)

> OK, I found the cause for this.  I am not sure where to insert the fix
> though because it looks like it shouldn't be singled out in my ports.  The
> cause is the fact that we broke out the popup window so that it isn't
> stdscr anymore and the current keypad() doesn't carry over to the
> sub-window.  If I put keypad(form_window, TRUE); right under
> scrollok(form_window, TRUE); then everything is A-OK.  So (Tom?) should I
> leave it there and wrap it in an #if defined(HAVE_KEYPAD) or am I off base
> on this one?
well, I tested it, and it appears that PDCurses is wrong.  The ncurses
test program has a screen that I adapted by adding a toggle & status for
the scrollok and keypad functions.  I can see that SVr4 curses does not
inherit the settings of scrollok or keypad from the parent window (I agree
that it would seem more logical to inherit, but neither the SVr4 implementation
nor the X/Open spec agree with that).

(The modified test will be in my next patch for ncurses, in case anyone's
interested).

You should ifdef the code appropriately, e.g,. #ifdef PDCURSES (please don't
use DOSPATH).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden