lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx/2

From: Subir Grewal
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx/2
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 14:48:17 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to but in on the Lynx/2 issue.  I must say this is the second
time someone has commented on the atmosphere of Lynx-Dev.  I personally
find this a very well balanced group, I've never really seen the sort of
bad mouthing that goes on on other lists.  I don't think anyone here
really wanted to piss Derek off.  The whole thing started because I
noticed the OS/2 "port" had some features that the mainstream Lynx didn't.
Since we'd had some success incorporating the PC ports, I though the same
might be possible for Lynx/2.  I would have liked to get in touch with
Derek and ask him what he thought of the idea (since I'm incapable of
reading C, someone else would have had to evaluate the problems of
re-incorporating Lynx/2 along with Derek).  I really never thought we'd
have a situation like this crop up.

I would still like to see us work out our minor differences and move on.
Of course I realize Derek's time is limited, I sympathize with his RSI
problems, this can be very serious (I can point you'll to some very good
resources though, for one thing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has become a
catch-phrase for a whole series of problems that can occur due to the
extended use of machinery like computers, not all of them with the
hands).  Nevertheless, I do believe a lot of good can come out of talking.
If Derek would prefer I could give him a call, so that he wouldn't have to
type out his replies.  A conversation on Lynx-Dev would be best though,
since this is where it all is anyway.

address@hidden  *  Lynx 2.7.1  *  PGP  *  http://www.crl.com/~subir/
Mencken and Nathan's Fifteenth Law of The Average American:
        The worst actress in the company is always the manager's wife.

;
;