lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV devel code / fotemods core dumps

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV devel code / fotemods core dumps
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 07:24:53 -0400

>receive core dumps when I exit the program.  I first noticed the problem
>with the development code at version 2.7.1ac0.12 and also with just about
>all of the Fote binaries.  Along with the core dump, I get an error
>message that says "IOT Trap/abort" Lynx now exiting with signal 11.

>I can get a core dump by going to  http://home.netscape.com, and after the
>document finishes loading, just quit.
>I am running Lynx on Linux version 2.0.29.

I am running 2 different lynxs.  One is fotemod/2.7.1 and the other is
2.7.1ac0.19.  I do not get a core dump with either accessing this URL.
I am using a SPARC/Solaris 2.5.1/Sun cc.

I think that we need more information about versions of lynx, options
selected, and OS versions before we are going to track down this problem.
;