lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx

From: Alan Cox
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV SCO to use Lynx
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:41:30 +0100 (BST)

> complicated; I don't know how the set and message numbers are
> maintained, or what a catalog definition file looks like since RedHat
> 4.1 doesn't seem to have a man page for localedef.  If you're
> installing Lynx as a normal user, things get sort of painful...

You build ascii tables and compile them. Locale as a normal user isnt
normally a problem

1.      You can just build for a chosen language
2.      You can put message catalogs where you desire. $HOME/nls/... is
        just fine.

see "man 7 localedef" on RedHat 4.1 for an intro. The tools and an example
set of internationalised libc messages can be found on sunsite.unc.edu

;
;