lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV RP colors - I have seen them :)

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV RP colors - I have seen them :)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 10:54:35 +0100 (BST)

Klaus Weide wrote:

> I think the ball is in Rob's court again now.  In any case, "it dumps
> core" isn't detailed enough to find what's wrong.

heh - try telling the people i work with that "it doesn't work" isn't
actually any help...

> the (n)curses version.  I also didn't see any non-default (i.e. non-black)
> backgrounds, but that may be because the .lss entries (I used the ones
> that were posted here by Rob) didn't use them for any of the tags
> occurring on the few pages I looked at.  (I changed the parsing of the
> .lss entries to recognize ',' as well as ':' as separator between fg and
> bg color, since Rob's code and comments seemed inconsistent; maybe I did
> something wrong there.)

i don't use backgrounds because i couldn't get them working under ncurses
(hence the comment in the code).  if you're talking about "brightblue,white"
in LYStyle.c, that's a typo - it should be "brightblue:white".  i've got
no intention (right now) of changing the format of the lines because i'm
working on reading real CSS files rather than dodgy LSS files.

> With colors working, there is still the problem that colors are not
> "stable" - for example, look at a section (paragraph) that starts within

i know about that - that's been there since the very first set of code.
it's not really been on the priority list of things to fix.  i'll have
another look sometime soon.

> I saw "Refresh screen" ^L toggle the color of some text between magenta
> and brown in a (apparently) non-deterministic manner.

example page and stylesheet?

> the (one) color used on non-HTML pages seems to inherit some (which?)
> color used on a previously viewed HTML page, and so depends on what one
> has viewed before.

ok, that's easily fixed.

> Maybe our ncurses expert wants to look at the code, or Rob can fix
> these problems, I don't intend to try.

i'll look into them...
--
rob partington / address@hidden / address@hidden