lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV still can't get ./configure to work (lynx2.7.1ac-0.12.tar.g

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV still can't get ./configure to work (lynx2.7.1ac-0.12.tar.gz)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 13:28:17 +0900 (JST)

> > I'm getting to feel like a broken record, but if I set the

Probably because I am broken!

> cache?  Someone once told me to remove config.cache + soe other files before

I did a fresh breakout, and the problem went away.  I'm so brainwashed
into doing `make clean', I forgot all about zapping config.cache.  THANKS!
(Probably needs to be documented, but that can wait until autoconf is
completed.)

> Could it also have something to do with the shell you're using?
> i use ksh, which doesn't have a setenv command.

I use csh, which I think is okay for setting environment variables.
Despite what others have recommended on this list, I use the form:
"
setenv CPPFLAGS -I/home/full/path/.slang/src
setenv LIBS -L/home/full/path/.slang/lib
"
in a script that I `source' (as opposed to executing).

Sorry for the complaints, and thanks again le.
AND congratulations and thanks to Tom.  If I can get it to work,
anybody can!

__Henry

Oh, did I forget to say, got a good compile (not perfect, some redefinitions
in termios.h stuff) and a viable binary.
;
;