lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV form problem

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV form problem
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 19:43:19 -0400 (EDT)

> From: address@hidden (Jim Armstrong)
> Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 22:04:22 GMT
>
> to: address@hidden
>
> A friend of mine sent email saying that a form of theirs doesn't work =
> with lynx anymore
> (the way it used to).
>
> The problem they have is they are blind and the form used to have numbers=
>  next to each of
> the input fields. Now it doesn't and they don't know which input is =
> which.
>
> I think it is a configuration problem with them.
> I know that lynx can be made to show numbers for each link but I can't =
> find how to make it
> show numbers for form inputs.
>
> They haven't changed their configuration and don't know if their ISP =
> (crl.com) has upgraded lynx.
> The form hasn't changed either.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Jim Armstrong

There is no existing release of lynx that puts numbers on form input fields.
There is an experimental version (based on post 2.7 code) that I've been
working on (in fact, I just posted it ot lynx-dev yesterday) which does put
numbers on form fields.

All versions of lynx have an option to put numbers on links.
To set this option, go to the options menu and hit K
(for keypad mode).  Hit the space bar until it says
"Links are numbered".  Then hit > to save your configuration.

As for form fields, I would like feedback (especially from blind users
using speech software) on my implementation of numbered form fields.
You can get the source from http://www.intac.com/~leaves/
(Be sure to read the instructions on what to download and how to unpack it...)
--le

;
;