lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV lynx 2.7
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:00:56 -0400 (EDT)

> Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 11:00:40 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Jim Shaffer <address@hidden>
> I've also noticed that sometimes my screen gets reversed colors,
> i.e., white is black (reverse video).  I usually have to exit lynx
> to clear it up.  It most recently happened after I did a search.
>
> Any thoughts?

I used to see this when I first started running lynx.
I was using TERM=ansi.
I noticed (especially after a search, and especially if the search failed)
my screen would turn into reverse video.  Sometimes redrawing the screen
wouldn't help; I had to exit and restart lynx.

I also had other problems with TERM=ansi.  When I moved the current link,
the previous link would sometimes remain highlighted -- or highlighting
would extend to text that shouldn't have been highlighted.  I had to
continually redraw the screen.

This seemed to go away when I switched to a vt terminal.
(There was something wrong with ansi terminfo either on our system or in
my emulator.  Vi also didn't work with TERM=ansi.)

So for me the problem wasn't in lynx.
Don't know if that helps.  Just thought I'd pass it along.
--le
;
;