lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV question on lynx

From: Ed Brown
Subject: LYNX-DEV question on lynx
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:44:45 -0500

I have been trying to use lynx within a perl script and have run into a snag
and would
be greatful for any help.  When I run the following perl script from a telnet
prompt,
it works file producing the selected file in the telnet screen.  However, when
I run
it from a browser all I get is "lynx text."  The lynx command does not execute.

Generally I am able to run commands from the server so I tend to think the
problem may
be in the permissions of the lynx itself.  Any ideas where to start looking?
Thanks.

#!/opt/PUBperl/bin/perl
$file=`lynx -dump 'http://www.hot1.net/caplo/download.htm>lynx.txt'`;
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "<html><body><h1>lynx test</h1><br>\n\n";
print "$file";
;
;