lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV https access

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV https access
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:53:15 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> i am interested in accessing https files with lynx.
> is this possible?  is there an upgrade for it?
> which version supports https? are there plans for including
> support for https?

Lynx by default does not have HTTPS support compiled in due to the
restrictions in EAR (formerly ITAR).  If Lynx were to include the support,
the developers would be arrested..

As for upgrades, somebody designed a SSL patch for Lynx, and there's a SSL
proxy as well.  I'll just check the archives...

Try this URL:

http://www.crl.com/~subir/lynx/patches.html

HTH

Duncan Hill