lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Can Lynx do anything with ISMAPs

From: tz
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Can Lynx do anything with ISMAPs
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 13:54:06 -0400

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997 address@hidden wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I am not sure where, but I got the impression that Lynx might be able
> to do something useful with the likes of ISMAP entries.  I am not entirely
> sure how this would come to be, and this feature does not seem to be obvious
> in the online help, so I am suspecting that ISMAP is as useless to Lynx
> as it always has been.  Any further hints?

Since you can get the actual image into a viewer, and get an idea of the
XY to return, it would help if the ISMAP would popup a box where the
values could be entered, maybe something like forms handling, since the x
and y are appended to the URL, e.g. x.y.z/mapdest?12,34 - currently the
?12,34 is missing.  This could also be done for input images in forms (but
with a different syntax).  USEMAPs could be handled as numbered links or
like select/option fields.

I am attacking other things at the moment, but this is how I suggested it
could be handled.

address@hidden
finger address@hidden for PGP key

;