lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Displaying TeX files

From: Jan Hlavacek
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Displaying TeX files
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 23:52:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:55:45 -0400 (EDT), I said:

>Does anybody know how to set lynx to treat files with extension tex as
>text/plain, without modifying the source?  Lynx automatically assigns
>application/x-Tex to them, and when I select a link pointing to such a file,
>it offers me to download it or cancel it.  Currently, I use a metamail entry
>which pipes it to an external pager, so I can view it.  I would like,
>however, to display the file in lynx, so the lynx stuff (keybindings, printing
>and saving, bookmarks and so on) still works.  Is there any way to do it?

Never mind, I found the answer right after I posted the question.  I just
had to rtflynx.cfg.  If there is anybody else with the same problem, these
are the solutions:

1) in lynx.cfg, set the variable GLOBAL_EXTENSION_MAP so that it points to
   an extension map file.  In this file, erase or comment out any line that
   assign an extension to application/x-Tex, and add `tex' to the extension
   map for text/plain.  A sample extension file is samples/mime.types.

or

2) Do the same for the PERSONAL_EXTENSION_MAP.  You can simply copy
   samples/mime.types to ~/.mime.types, eddit the file as described in 1)
   and uncomment the line for PERSONAL_EXTENSION_MAP in lynx.cfg.

or

3) In lynx.cfg,  add a line SUFFIX:.tex:text/plain

lahvak
--
Jan Hlav\'{a}\v{c}ek
address@hidden  (Blind Carbon Copies will bounce)