lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Misc minor updates to Lynx 2-7

From: Ralf_Brown
Subject: LYNX-DEV Misc minor updates to Lynx 2-7
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 97 22:38:56 -0400

As I just joined this list, I'm not sure of the best way to present my
local enhancements to Lynx, so I'll just point at the context diffs for
them:
        http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/user/ralf/pub/lynx2-7.diffs

The 600 lines of contexts diffs (from the release 2-7) include the following:
        Emacs-like key bindings for the input editor
        new Makefile target: Mach operating system
        bugfix to Cookie-Jar A)lways allow  (probably already fixed in dev)
        workarounds for various local (?) bogosities
        a userdefs.h mod to make it easier to change support-file install path

With the above diffs applied, I have successfully compiled Lynx for eight
different platforms: HP-UX, Sparc SunOS 4.13, Sparc Solaris 2.5,
Alpha OSF/1 2.0, VAX Mach, DECstation Mach, DECstation Ultrix, and
NetBSD/i386.

        Ralf

--
mailto:address@hidden -=- http://www.pobox.com/~ralf -=- #include <disclaimer>
"The Internet is like a freight train roaring along while people are laying