lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx32 & Kboard

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: LYNX-DEV Re: Lynx32 & Kboard
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 21:24:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Dan Strychalski wrote:

> > > It doesn't work... I just tried it... in more than a way...
> >
> > So, what does it do?  Since I have never seen a non-us set up I don't have
> > a clue as to what is going on.
>
> Yes, please -- we need to know what isn't working right and what it is
> doing.

I see it, but...  I just installed "Germam (standard)" as an alternate
keyboard in Win95.  It does in fact remap many of the non-alphanumeric
keys (especially `-=[];'/\ and the shifted versions).  What I see is this:

` = \
~ = |
- = [
_ = {
= = ]
+ = }
[ = ;
{ = :
] = =
} = +
; = `
: = ~
/ = -
? = _
\ = /
| = ?

Quite confusing.  If people could live with that for the time being I
think we can come up with a solution (eventually).  The problem seems to
be the code added to pdcurses to directly support the Win32 commands so
that it uses up as little system resources as possible.  We may have to
reverse this niceness to get it working.

I guess I should have tried it in the first place, but I was thinking it
was hardware related.

Wayne

;
;