lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV ISMAP/USEMAP alt text

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV ISMAP/USEMAP alt text
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 11:48:48 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Scott McGee (Personal) wrote:

> Followed by the <map>. When displayed by Lynx, however, the [USEMAP] is
> replaced by the ALT text, but the [ISMAP] not only remains, but appears first.
> Is there a way to specify a text string to replace the [ISMAP]? Also, can it
> be displayed AFTER the [USEMAP]? After all, Lynx, being USEMAP intelligent
> can make much better use of the [USEMAP] link than the [ISMAP] link, so it
> should come first.

Actually, in these cases, I'd rather see the ISMAP disappear entirely.  I
think I even tried turning off psuedo-ALT's which will get rid of any
[INLINE]'s which aren't anchors, but since [ISMAP] IS an anchor, it stays.
I suppose it could be toggled on with some option or something, but I'd
prefer to see it go away when USEMAP's exist...