lynx-dev

LYNX-DEV Lynx for MS-DOS -Reply

From: David Godshall
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx for MS-DOS -Reply
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:11:00 -0600

 | I understand LYNX is available for older 8088 & 80286 machines
 | and I'd like information on those versions.  I didn't see

Not quite.  Lynx itself is available in 386 and Windows 95 versions,
but not fully available in 80286 and lower.  What *IS* available for
those platforms is Bobcat, which is based on slightly older Lynx code
but with some minor pieces chopped out and other pieces hacked in so
it would work.  If you have WWW access, check out Wayne Buttles' home
page (he's the primary author of Bobcat and the 386/Win95 versions of
Lynx) at http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/

David Godshall, doslynx-dev Administrator
;
;