lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx w/ (simple) ncurses colors

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx w/ (simple) ncurses colors
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 12:54:37 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:

> However, popup form fields don't work correctly.  They misbehave
> in the same way as when I compiled with ncurses1.9.9e:
>
> The first ENTER lets the popup briefly, well, pop up in a flash,
> then immediately disappear.  But pressing up- or down-arrow immediately
> after that makes the selection list visible (as if it was really there,
> just not shown.)  Moving the selection up and down within the list
> then works normally, except that lines are first gray-on-black,
> but black-on-gray after the selection (shown yellow-on-blue) has moved
> over them.  This is all with the default colors (COLOR lines commented
> out in lynx.cfg.)

The Win32 version also exhibits some strange behavior with colors on
popups.  They change color when they are passed over, and the border
surrounding the popup also changes once you actually start moving the
cursor.  Well, I can't get the border to act up again, so maybe it was
just because the particular list I was looking at had some very long items
in it.  All versions of lynx seem to display things unusually if the
select item is long enough to need word wrapping.  The colors appear
exactly as you mentioned above.  It's been so long since I tried a slang
binary, that I can't remember how it dealt with popups.