lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Auto Configure

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Auto Configure
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 19:17:21 -0700

Regarding the user-agent string and the version, how about if we change the
code to set the user agent from the version and add a patch or development
variable that will be reported in -version output. Then drop the version
string back to Lynx 2.7 and set the patch string to ac1 or some such.
(actually, assuming incorporation of Fote's latest bug fixes and any updates
to Win32, CharTrans or AutoConf, it should probably be ac1.1 or ac2).

I will be more than happy to look into making these changes if someone can
point me to the appropriate code (though I'll look for myself of course),
and there is a consensus about this.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,